Webb starts his own electrical business from his house in
Guildford Rd, after many engagements as a dedicated company
electrician since his apprenticeship in 1959, culminating
with his last year with Wheal Jane and Wellington Mines,
maintaining the pumps and winding gear.
from the stairs and landing into a new shed in the garden.
Orchard lends a hand to help keep up with the increased
workload for a year.
serving his time with SWEB, Dennis Philp teams up with
Michael and the business expands.
Michael and Dennis qualify for the NIC/EIC approved
son, Kevin joins as an apprentice and quickly attains the
1993 City and
Guilds Regulations 16 introduced.
2001 Webb &
Philp Ltd is created, with Michael and Kevin as partners.
business moves from the Guildford Rd shed to the new Marsh
Lane Industrial Estate premises.
Secretarial staff employed.
2010 City and
Guilds Regulations 17 introduced.
Webb & Philp
continues to deliver its services to local business,
builders and the general public, complying with the very
latest nationally recognised standards, thereby ensuring
reliable and future-proof installations.